Youth Loan Program
For 4-H and FFA Members
We believe it is our duty to protect and provide assistance to our most valuable commodity—our rural youth. As with young and beginning farmers, today’s youth are the future of our industry, so it’s important that we help them establish themselves in local agriculture.
To do our part, Farm Credit Midsouth provides loans to 4-H and FFA members for the purchase of livestock, feed and other miscellaneous out-of-pocket expenses directly related to the project. Up to 25% of the loan may be used to purchase necessary equipment such as feeders, water buckets, head gates, farrowing crates, etc.
To qualify, a student must be an active member of a local 4-H or FFA program, be enrolled in a livestock or field crop project and successfully complete the project, have parental consent and have 4-H leader or FFA advisor approval and assistance. By encouraging students to be industrious and providing them with the avenue to do so, they gain valuable benefits such as responsibility, experience, education and self-satisfaction.
Youth Loan Details:
- Available to Active 4-H and/or FFA Members
- Applicants Must Reside in Farm Credit Midsouth’s Coverage Area
- A Written Summary including a Repayment Plan of a Modest Income-Producing Agricultural Project Required
- Loans from $500 to $2,500
- Parent or Guardian Must Co-Sign
- Fixed Interest Rate -- Loan Term Established Based on Project, Loan Purpose and Repayment Plan
- $50 Closing, Processing and Filing Fee
- Up to 100% Loan-to-Collateral Value Considered
- Loans not Eligible for Patronage Payout Program
For more information, contact your local Farm Credit Midsouth branch office.
Did You Know?
Being active in 4-H and/or FFA gives you access to FCM agriculture lending experts, a great interest rate and financing to pursue your own agricultural project.
Our loan experts have years of experience specializing in solutions for farmers of all ages. If you are searching for a financing partner with real world farming know-how, then apply today to start your journey.